Loading chat...
GA HR1899
Resolution
Status
Passed
3/24/2016
Primary Sponsor
Carolyn Hugley
Click for details
AI Summary
- Recognizes St. Mary's Road United Methodist Church on its 61st anniversary; the church was originally founded in fall 1955 as St. Mary's Hill Methodist Church in a converted abandoned prison camp and relocated to its current site in 1966
- Reverend James E. Swanson was appointed as the church's first African American pastor, growing membership from 12 in 1987 to 753 in 1999
- The church expanded to 47 ministries, including Sunday school programs, scouting troops, and a Christian Academy that operated from 1996 to 2006
- Since the church's Consecration in 2000, major renovations added Sunday school classrooms, a conference area, an administrative wing, expanded library, additional parking, and a sanctuary accommodating more than 500 members
- Directs the Clerk of the House of Representatives to provide an appropriate copy of the resolution to St. Mary's Road United Methodist Church
Legislative Description
St. Mary's Road United Methodist Church; 61st anniversary; recognize
Last Action
House Read and Adopted
3/24/2016
Full Bill Text
No bill text available