Loading chat...
IL HR1347
Resolution
Status
11/16/2010
Primary Sponsor
Patricia Bellock
Click for details
AI Summary
-
Recognizes the 100th anniversary of Comiskey Park's opening on July 1, 2010
-
Honors Charles Comiskey's baseball career (1882-1894) and ownership of the Chicago White Stockings/White Sox from 1901 to 1931
-
Acknowledges Comiskey Park's historical significance as the 4th concrete-and-steel stadium in Major League Baseball, originally seating 29,000 patrons and nicknamed "The Baseball Palace of the World"
-
Notes the ballpark hosted 4 World Series, 3 All-Star Games, and over 6,000 major league games before its final game on September 30, 1990 and demolition in 1991
-
Directs presentation of the resolution to the current Chicago White Sox front office as a symbol of esteem and respect
Legislative Description
COMISKEY PARK 100TH ANNIV
Last Action
Resolution Adopted
11/16/2010