Loading chat...

IL HR1425

Resolution

Status

Passed

11/16/2010

Primary Sponsor

Karen May

Click for details

Origin

House of Representatives

96th General Assembly

AI Summary

  • Illinois House of Representatives congratulates St. Patrick Catholic Church of Lake Forest on its centennial celebration, October 2-3, 2010.

  • Church originated from a missionary circuit in 1837 led by Father John Guegnin and became known as St. Patrick by the mid-1860s, originally called St. Michael's.

  • Original brick church constructed in 1853 at Waukegan Road and Route 60, rebuilt in 1883 after lightning destroyed it in 1875 and after a subsequent fire 20 years later.

  • First pastor Thomas Quinn appointed in 1909; initial small building constructed in 1910 and still used for daily Mass alongside later additions; new church building dedicated by Cardinal Francis George on March 22, 1998.

  • Resolution directs that a suitable copy be presented to Reverend Laurence Dunn as a symbol of respect and esteem.

Legislative Description

CONGRATS-ST PATRICK CATHOLIC

Last Action

Resolution Adopted

11/16/2010

Full Bill Text

No bill text available