Loading chat...
IL HR1427
Resolution
Status
Passed
11/16/2010
Primary Sponsor
Fred Crespo
Click for details
AI Summary
- Congratulates the Streamwood Park District and Historical Society on adding the Hoosier Grove Schoolhouse Museum to the Country School Association of America's national historic register
- The Hoosier Grove Schoolhouse was built in 1904 by local farmers in Hanover Township as a one-room schoolhouse for grades 1-8, serving approximately 20 students annually until closing in 1954
- The schoolhouse was relocated to 700 West Irving Park Road in Streamwood in 1988
- Recognizes Rich Janiec, Paula Lambertz, and other Streamwood Historical Society members for their efforts, noting the museum was one of only 8 schools added to the national register that year and one of 18 total on the list
- Directs presentation of suitable copies of the resolution to Rich Janiec and Paula Lambertz as a symbol of esteem and respect
Legislative Description
CONGRATS-STREAMWOOD PARK DIST.
Last Action
Resolution Adopted
11/16/2010
Full Bill Text
No bill text available