Loading chat...
IL HR0978
Resolution
Status
Passed
1/5/2025
Primary Sponsor
William Davis
Click for details
AI Summary
- Homewood Women's Club opened the Homewood Public Library in November 1924, initially housed in Mr. Gold's real estate office on Ridge Road
- In 1925, the Women's Club raised $1,500 to build a permanent home by moving an abandoned Illinois Central Train Station to Triangle Park in Homewood
- On April 19, 1927, the library became a tax-supported institution with hired staff and elected trustees as the community continued to grow
- A new library building designed by McPherson, Swing and Associates was built for $159,378 and opened to the public on January 13, 1962, with a dedication ceremony on Memorial Day attended by U.S. Representative Edward J. Derwinski
- The House of Representatives congratulates the Homewood Public Library on its 100-year anniversary; the library currently operates at 17917 Dixie Highway in a building opened in 1989
Legislative Description
CONGRATS-HOMEWOOD PUBLIC LIB.
Last Action
Resolution Adopted
1/5/2025
Full Bill Text
No bill text available