Loading chat...
IN SR0074
Resolution
AI Summary
-
Indiana Senate congratulates Henry Poor Lumber Company on 100 years of business in the Greater Lafayette community as of 2018
-
Company originated in 1918 as Ed Munger Lumber Company selling lumber, window sashes, doors, blinds, and interior finish products on Ferry Street in Lafayette
-
Company relocated to State Street and South River Road intersection, renamed to Munger and Poor Lumber Company, eventually becoming Henry Poor Lumber Company; purchased in 1983 by Jim Andrew, a long-time employee
-
Expanded operations include Home Works (1987), 65,000 square foot facility at Concord Road and Brady Lane (1996), Flooring Express (2011), HP Manufacturing (2014), and HP Wood Packaging (2017)
-
Company has sponsored numerous community organizations including YMCA, Junior Achievement, Cancer Walk, Food Finders, Sigma Chi Fraternity, and Purdue University
Legislative Description
A SENATE RESOLUTION congratulating the Henry Poor Lumber Company on 100 years of business.
Last Action
First reading: adopted voice vote
3/14/2018