Loading chat...
NC H1014
Bill
Status
6/19/2013
Primary Sponsor
Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House
Click for details
AI Summary
-
House Resolution honoring the founders of the Town of Falcon on its 100th anniversary, chartered by the North Carolina General Assembly on March 6, 1913.
-
Recognizes William Culbreth and Julius Culbreth as key founders who established the community, with Julius Culbreth (1871-1950) developing the town as a settlement for those practicing Christian Holiness faith.
-
Documents the town's origins beginning with James McNeill's colonial land grant in the late 1700s through the McDonald family's land acquisitions, William Culbreth's establishment of a general store near Starling's Bridge by 1890, and the naming of Falcon post office on April 29, 1893.
-
Acknowledges Julius Culbreth's contributions including establishing the Octagon Tabernacle (1898), Falcon Camp Meeting (1900), Falcon Holiness School (1902), and Falcon Orphanage (1909).
-
House of Representatives extends congratulations to the Town of Falcon on its centennial anniversary and directs the Principal Clerk to transmit a certified copy to the Mayor of Falcon.
Legislative Description
Honor the Founders of the Town of Falcon
Last Action
Adopted
6/19/2013