Loading chat...
OK SR96
Resolution
AI Summary
-
Oklahoma State Senate congratulates Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College on its ninetieth academic year.
-
The college was founded in 1919 as the Miami School of Mines through a 40-acre land donation by local citizens including the Dobson family.
-
The institution was officially established on March 17, 1919, following approval of Senate Bill No. 225, which mandated it serve as a vocational school for mining industry preparation.
-
The college's name changed to Northeastern Oklahoma Junior College in 1924 and again to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College in April 1943, when control transferred to the Board of Regents for Agricultural and Mechanical Colleges.
-
A copy of the resolution shall be distributed to Dr. Jeff Hale, President of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College.
Legislative Description
Commending Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College on their 90th academic year.
Education - Higher
Last Action
Enrolled, filed with Secretary of State
3/24/2010